|Title||God of Earth|
|Father||Shu the air god|
|Sons and Daughters||Osiris, Isis, Seth, Nephthys and Horus The elder|
|Patron - Dominion||earthquakes - valleys - mountains - provides the nourishments and fruits to earth|
|Dedicated temples||Cosmic deity with no dedicated shrines|
|Appearance||Man with a goose on his head |
lying underneath his wife Nut, goddess of the sky
|Cult||Geb is a male god, unlike many ancient religions which understood the physical planet Earth as feminine
- He became the first Pharaoh of Egypt, that the Egyptian throne came to be known by the title, "Seat of Geb.
- Every new Pharaoh claimed to be a descendant of Geb and at the coronation he had to get his permission.
- The mountains are said to be His bones
- He lies forever inert below his sister-wife Nut
- When Seth and Horus fought for the throne of Egypt, Geb made Horus the ruler of the living.