|Title||God of Wisdom|
|Father||Ra the King of gods|
|Consort||Maat the goddess of truth|
|Patron - Dominion||- Thoth was patron of Scribes, writing and science, and was considered the inventor of the hieroglyphs
- He was counselor to the other gods who frequently went to him for advice.
- In the Legend of Osiris, he helped Isis by giving her advise on how to resurrect Osiris
- He was credited as the inventor of the 365-day (rather than 360-day) calendar, it being said that he had won the extra 5 days by gambling with the moon, then known as Abet, in a game of dice. Thus overcoming the curse of Ra, allowing Nut to give birth to her five children,
|Dedicated temples||El Geb|
|Appearance||Man with ibis head surmounted by the lunar disk|
|Historical Developments||- Thoth was a very important god during the Old Kingdom, he was the chief god of Hermopolis.
He acted together with Maat his feminine counterpart, and maintained the law and order in the Universe, recording all events since the beginning of time
- However during the New Kingdom, Thoth was incorporated into the realm of the dead, where his wisdom was required, and was reduced into a Vizier of Osiris
He was especially attendant at the Hall of Maat where the judgment of people entering the afterlife took place
- During the Ptolemaic Period wisdom was again appreciated, Thoth was equated with the Greek Hermes the divine record-keeper and mediator
His cult regained prominence, millions of dead ibis were mummified and buried in his honor
- However this resurrection of his cult was short lived, since the historical path towards monotheism was already at it's final stage. By the 4th century AD. christianity became the main religion in Egypt, and all pagan gods were banned.
Video: EMERALD TABLETS of THOTH: TABLET VII SEVEN LORDS
VIEW on REPEAT ~ SUBSCRIBE ~ SHARE ~ LIKE ~POSITIVE COMMENTS ENLIGHTENMENT from the HEAVENS THE EMERALD TABLETS of THOTH THOTH was an immortal, that is, he h......