|Title||Queen of the Throne|
|Sons and Daughters||Horus |
Four Sons of Horakhty, in Early mythologies she was wife of Ra-Horakhty (the noon manifestation of Ra)
|Patron - Dominion||Mistress of magic - mother of Pharaohs and thrones|
|Dedicated temples||Philae Temple|
|Appearance||Woman wearing a vulture headdress and the solar disk between a pair of horns|
|Cult||- Greatest goddess of Egypt
- Sister of Osiris, Seth and Nephthys
- in the Legend of Osiris, after Osiris was killed by his brother Seth, following his death, Isis tirelessly searched for his body so that he may be properly buried and may rest in peace in the Underworld.
- Through her magic, she brought Osiris back to life so that he could impregnate her with their son Horus
- Isis resurrected him with the "Ritual of Life", which was later given to the Egyptians so that they could give eternal life to all their dead.
- Isis was a vital link between the gods and mankind. The Pharaoh was her son, as the living Horus.
- Often shown holding Horus on her lap, her lap was the Pharaoh protector in childhood
- Isis protected Horus during his childhood from his uncle Seth who wished to murder him. It was her hole that he might one day grow up to avenge his father's murder.
- She is also the mother and protector of Imsety, one of the Four Sons of Horus
- Her worship spread well beyond the borders of Egypt, in the Roman Empire, and was later evolved by early Christians into the cult of the Virgin Mary
Similarities Between Isis and The Virgin Mary
- Isis was the most important Egyptian Female god in ancient Egypt, the Virgin Mary is the most important female figure in Christianity
- Isis is the mother of Horus, Virgin Mary is the mother of Jesus
- Horus was born without a father ( Osiris was already dead), this closely resembles Jesus being born from the Holy Ghost without a father
- Both of them are depicted in art holding and caring for their baby gods during infancy
- At infancy Isis protected Horus from his evil uncle, while Mary protected Jesus from the infanticide fury of King Herod
- The role of a merciful mother figure is identical in both cases
- Both held the title "Lady of Light" because they gave birth to the light. Horus being the god of light, while Jesus is the light of the world
- The solar disk of light above Isis head closely relates to the Halo of light above Mary's head
Video: EGYPT 231 - ISIS & NEPHTHYS *Egyptian Goddesses I* (by Egyptahotep)
ISIS, Mistress of Magic. Isis was one of the most famous goddesses of ancient Egypt.Isis was,,sister of Nephthys,wife of Osiris and mother of Horus. To the a......