|Title||Chancellor of the King of Lower Egypt
Administrator of the Great Palace
- High Priest of Heliopolis
|Father||His real father was an architect named Kanofer|
Mythological father Ptah
|Mother||His real mother was Khreduonkh from Mendes|
Mythological mother Sekhmet
|Patron - Dominion||architecture |
|Dedicated Shrines||Temple of Hathor at Dier el-Medina|
Amun at Karnak
A sanctuary on the upper terrace of the Deir el Bahari Temple
|Appearance||An ordinary man who is dressed in plain attire|
A scribe seated on a chair with a roll of papyrus on his knees or under his arm
|Greek equivalent||God of medicineAsclepius|
|Cult||- Imhotep was the Vizier of Zoser,
he designed the Step Pyramid of Saqqara,
and may have been responsible for the first known use of columns in architecture.
- For this reason many scholars consider him the father of Architecture
- He lived around 2600 BC
- He is the founder of Egyptian medicine and the author of the remarkable Edwin Smith papyrus
- Imhotep also preached on the philosophy of life, including the proverb "Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we shall die."
- About 100 years after his death, he was elevated as a medical demigod.
- In about 525 BC, around 2,000 years after his death, he was elevated to a full god, and replaced Nefertum in the great triad at Memphis, becoming one of only a few commoners ever to be given a divine status
- His name means "the one who comes in peace"
- His burial was never found, but it is believed to be at Saqqara
Video: EGYPT 251 -APIS,BES,HAPI,HEH,IHY,IMHOTEP & SOKAR*Egyptian Gods XI*(by Egyptahotep)
APIS the sacred bull was considered a creation of the god Ptah; was the "soul (Ba) and herald of Ptah". The bull was therefore a kind of servant, who was him......