Jesus the Child.
Horus the Child
|Title||The Sky god|
|Cult Center||Edfu |
Behdet in the Delta
|Sons and Daughters||No offspring|
|Patron - Dominion||god of light and goodness|
|Dedicated temples||Kom Ombo |
- Edfu Temple
|Appearance||Falcon headed man|
|Cult||- In the Legend of Osiris, Horus grows to manhood to avenge the death of his father Osiris, who was murdered by Horus' uncle Seth
- Horus fought with Seth for the throne of Egypt, In the battle Horus lost one of his eyes, it was healed and reassembled by Thoth
- Nothing escaped the watchful eye of the true Horus, the Eye of Horus became an important Egyptian symbol of power
- Horus symbolizes leadership of all sorts and specifically the leadership demonstrated in the position of Ruler of the Two Lands.
- The Pharaoh of Egypt was considered as the living Horus
- The Egyptians observed in the falcon the quickness, intelligence, alertness and staying power of a just ruler
- No wrongdoer escaped His claws
History of Worship
Poll: Do you think that Jesus was a fictional character borrowed from the Egyptian Horus by early Christians?
Comparison of Horus and Jesus the Child
|A||- The only begotten son of the God Osiris||- The only begotten son of Jehovah, the Holy Spirit|
|B||- Conceived by the virgin mother Isis, and born in a cave||- Conceived by Mary the Virgin mother, and born in a stable|
|C||- His birth was heralded by the star Sirius, the morning star. This event was announced by angels and witnessed by three solar deities
- Date - 21 December (Winter Solstice)
|- His birth was heralded by the "star in the East.", announced by angels and witnessed by three wise men
- Date - 25 December
|D||- Seth tried to murder him, Isis hid her baby in the marches from his evil uncle. Horus was raised by his mother on the floating island of Chemmis near Buto||- Herod tried to have Jesus murdered, and the Virgin Mary escaped to Egypt seeking protection|
|E||- Horus resisted temptation when taken to the desert of Amenta up in a high mountain by his rival uncle Seth, who tried to persuade him into dividing the throne of Egypt between them||- Jesus resisted temptation when taken to the desert in Palestine up in a high mountain by his rival Satan.|
|F||- Horus was regarded as the savior of humanity, and the conqueror of Seth
- The main purpose for Horus' life was to fight and destroy evil
- Horus said about his salvation criteria ""I have given bread to the hungry man and water to the thirsty man and clothing to the naked person and a boat to the shipwrecked mariner."
|- Jesus life focuses on the salvation of human kind
- Jesus said on salvation "For I was an hungered, and you gave me meat: I was thirsty, and you gave me drink: I was a stranger, and you took me in: Naked, and you clothed me..."
|G||- Horus did not marry or had children
- The Four Sons of Horakhty, known as the "Four Sons of Horus" are in fact the sons of "Horus the Elder" or Ra-Horakhty (the Noon manifestation of Ra)
|- Jesus did not marry or have any children|