|Location||- The exact location of the city was long lost, but rediscovered in the 1920s
- Lower Egypt - northeast of the Delta
- It lies on the Pelusiac branch of the Nile, which is currently silted up.
|Nome||Capital of Royal child - the 19th Nome of Lower Egypt|
|Type of Settlement||Capital City|
|Local deity||Second Intermediate Period - The desert god Seth |
New Kingdom - Ra
|Contemporary name||Tell el-Dab'a|
|Historical Development||- Second Intermediate Period - The Hyksos built their fortified Capital city over a Middle Kingdom town they had captured.
- New Kingdom - 18th Dynasty: Avaris was captured by Ahmose 1, who ended Hyksos rule, the city was razed to the ground in the aftermath of the Egyptian triumph.
19th Dynasty: Avaris was reoccupied when Pharaoh Ramses 1 founded his new capital city at the old site.
The new city called Pi-Ramesse flourished and poems were written over its splendor.
20th Dynasty: The demise of Egyptian authority in Syria and Palestine made the city less significant.
- Third Intermediate Period - When the 21st Dynasty established their capital in Tanis, to the north-west of Pi-Ramesse, the city deteriorated.
- The location of the city was lost, however in 1929 the earliest phase of the town was discovered n the fields around el-Qantir, including tiles with the name of Seti 1 and Ramses 2, and a mud brick palace.
By late 1999 an area of 75,000 m2 was excavated in the area including ancient houses, administrative quarters of a vast palace and temple compound.
|Necropolis||- Excavations uncovered a Hyksos cemetery dating from the late 13th Dynasty, situated to the west of the main temple's enclosure wall.|
|Monuments||- The Hyksos built a Canaanite-style temple dedicated to god Seth
- Discoveries from the 19th Dynasty include the foundations of palace buildings, temples, arsenals, storehouses, stables and tombs. Pi-Ramesse spread over a vast area of about 10 square kilometers, making the city one of the largest of Egypt
Video: Forbidden History; Masonic Revolutions - THE SLAUGHTERHOUSE OF OSIRIS 1/12
WHAT IS THE FOUNDATION OF NOVO ORDO SECLORUM (NWO) OR WHERE IS THE SOLOMON'S TEMPLE? BRUTAL BLOODY FACTS, METHODS & IMPLEMENTATIONS OF THE MESSIANIC GOALS FO......