- The development of Aldokkan is a an effort started in 2001
- Currently it is not a final publication, it's a work in progress
- It will never be completely finished, though it may eventually reach a
point where it is essentially complete in its broader outline and moderately
incomplete in its details
- This educational website is aimed at supporting teachers and students,
studying ancient Egypt
- I do not sell any products or related content.
- By a comparative approach students may better understand the Egyptian
civilization, comparing it with other cultures and chronological periods.
- Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the text of this
site, the subject matters discussed fall within my expertise
- All view expressed are mine and do not necessarily represent the views of
others, and are not intended to be taken as factual.
- Name: Ayman Fadl
- Address : 4 street 5 Maadi, Cairo, Egypt
- Occupation: Architect, Cairo University 1990
- Telephone: 201001681752
- Email; - mail me @hotmail.com
(requires Recaptcha to display)
Modifications and Updates 2012
- Modifications in the HTML code, for accessibility compliance with Section 508 of the Disablities Act, and W3C guidelines
- Added new polls
- Added Facebook, Google and Tweeter buttons in all pages
- Updated CSS style sheets for Mobile, and computer screens with width smaller than 640 pixels and 320 pixels
- Added Facebook comment boxes - 10 October
- Added Google Maps for geographical destinations
- Added Panoramio photos - 25 October 2012
- Moved from Xhtml to HTML5, and updated all files - 6 November 2012
- Reinstalled the star rating of webpages after fixing a bug in Html code - 10 November 2012
- Added the photo gallery section - 15 November 2012
- Modified Copyright licence - 16 November
Ayman Fadl, November 2012
- Unless otherwise indicated, all materials on my registered domain Aldokkan.com, are copyrighted by Ayman Fadl.
By using this website you agree not to make any infringes of copyrighed material.
- My copyright includes all pages and sections of this web site, including
periodic changes and modifications. It covers all content, including text, HTML code, pictures, graphics and design
- Clarification: Most (but not all) of the images belonging to the Egyptian civilization, found inside all sections except the photo gallery,
including all archtectural plan and sections were photographed/ drawn by me and reformated into grey scale.
Some of the pictures, which are from other cultures, such as the Kennedy picture, Roman, Greek, Mayan arts,
American metals, pictures of Popes and medieval paintings were taken from public domain sites and books such as Wikipedia and belong to unknown parties.
I have also converted these images into grey scale.
- Photos in the photo gallery section were photographed by Jon Bodsworth, and are public domain according to his statement
- Videos are embedded from Youtube under the Youtube API Terms of Service.
No copy of the YouTube video is being stored on my server (only the HTML code for the embed). The video stays on, and is streamed from, YouTube's servers.
That makes the embedded YouTube video essentially an inline-link to the content which was uploaded by Youtube users
according to Youtube Terms of Service.
Those terms grant a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to access the uploaded content. To use, reproduce,
distribute and prepare derivative works.(Section 8.1)
- If you require any more information or have any questions about this privacy
policy, please feel free to contact me by using the Email provided in this page
- At aldokkan.com, the privacy of my visitors is of extreme importance to me. This
and collected by aldokkan.com and how it is used.
- Aldokkan.com is a general audience web site, intended for users of all
- This website follows the C.O.P.P.A. rules for the protection of children
below the age of 13
- This is not a commercial site, and does not sell to, nor accept donations of
any sort from children.
- This site does not target service to children under age 13 except that
they may access general material regarding Egyptian history that is suitable for
- No information is collected from children under age 13 or from any other
- If you choose to send me an e-mail message, I may retain the content of
the e-mail, your e-mail address, and my response.
- Information on The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act is available
Like many other Web sites, aldokkan.com makes use of log files. The
information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses,
type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp,
referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the
site, track users movement around the site, and gather demographic information.
IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that
is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
They automatically receive your IP address when you visit the website,
and personalize the content that you see in their Plugins accordingly
- All pages on this site follow U.S. Federal Government Section 508 Guidelines, and priorities 1 of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- All foreground and background colours have been checked to make sure they provide sufficient colour contrast.
- All images have ALT attributes explaining the meaning of the image.
- All fonts used in the layout allow size adjustment.
- The layout of the site is completely CSS-controlled and table-free.
- Tables are used for content comparision purposes, and not page layout design
- The code of every page has been tested to successfully validate as Html5
- In accordance with Google's recommended configuration for responsive web design,
CSS has been used to provide convenient versions of the website as following:-
The Website is viewable without side-scrolling at all width resolutions, images are fluid and resized accordingly
If the screen width is between 640-320 pixels (Iphones and other smartphone devices), a compact and functional version of the Website is rendered , removing Google adds and the top navigation menu
Further more, a mini version for mobile devices with resolution less than 320 pixels width has been designed with a linear representation of the tables, and the exclusion of the social plugins and polls.
All these CSS versions can be accessed from your own computer by using newer versions of Google Chrome, Firefox or IE browser
- A convenient printer friendly version has been provided, removing all navigation menus, the search box, ads, link styling and Social Plugins
- The site contains both a site map and a search facility for visitor guidance.