Art :The combination of geometric regularity and keen observation of nature is characteristic of all Egyptian art...
Religion :Based on polytheism - the worship of many deities, the oldest form of religion was animal worship...
Sciences :Highly developed in medicine, and limited in astronomy and mathematics until the Ptolemaic Period...
Society :Changed little over the centuries, based on the Social pyramid - a hierarchical structure with power residing in a headman Pharaoh ...
Photos :An extensive collection of more than 1000 Egyptian civilization photos, covering monuments, structural details, statues and museum collections ...
Comparison Between Egyptian and Greek Civilizations
|Criteria||Egyptian Civilization||Greek Civilization|
|government||- Centralized government dominated by the Pharaoh||- Many independent city-states with a lot of different kinds of governments|
- The History of Dynastic Egypt extend through a period of 4000 years, compared to 2000 years of the entire Western civilization, from the Roman Empire till present day
- The pace of development was far less acute than the achievements of the 500 years Greek civilization
|- Ancient Greek civilization lasted from 750 BC (the archaic period) to 146 BC (the Roman conquest) - only 500 years|
- Since Egypt was relatively a closed society, it had limited lasting influence over the rest of the ancient world
- Few achievements in science, and technology were carried to other civilizations
- It is generally considered to be the culture which provided the foundation of Western Civilization.
- The Greek culture had a powerful influence on the Roman empire, which carried it to all Europe.
- Renaissance in Western Europe - influential on the language, politics, educational systems, philosophy, science, and arts
- A hierarchical society with power residing in the Pharaoh
- No one wanted anything different, no one asked to be original. On the contrary individuality and creativity were considered as a destructive refusal to accept the established authority, religion and laws.
- This cultural heritage stunted the Egyptian Civilization, which was virtually unchanged for more than 2500 years
- Individuality was the basis of their society.
- They believed that individuals should excel in any direction.
- This strive for excellence was the method from which the Greek civilization achieved phenomenal accomplishments that stand with us to this day.
Poll: Which civilization had a greater everlasting impact in human history?
Video: 15 Myths & Facts About Ancient Egypt
From alien theories to the rights of Egyptian women, we count 15 of the most surprising and myth-breaking facts about Ancient Egypt only discovered these last few decades. Facebook: https://www.fac......